Friday 1 June 2018

Cross Country Writing

Cross Country Running
It’s the day that cross country is on, wait  I better get ready, I’m running soon I thinking to myself.

I’m at the starting line and the lady is saying “On your marks get set go.” I’m now sprinting down the track with my legs pounding the mushy mud on the ground.  As I look up I see people on the pale white fence are cheering me on yelling,  “GO LOCHIE,GO.” I’m now  jogging  in front of everyone. At this point  my legs are straining and my arms are pumping. There is so much pain in my chest from the stitch. I’m falling down a bump so I pound my leg on the ground to stop me from falling.  I am running up the last bump. Now I’m nearly at the home stretch I look behind  and I see my friends and some other people right by me. 
“Ouch!” I hit a peg and three people pass me. They thunder down the track and I sprint off after them. Three people cross the line and I get 4th place.I feel happy even though I didn’t get first place.     


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lochie, Jake here, I like your cross country writing. I like how you've used lots of good describing words like thunder and straining. Did you think one lap was too short? Keep up the great work!
    Kind regards
    -Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lachlan, my name is Nicholas and I am from Waikowhai Primary School.
    I like your writing about cross country! I also liked how you used interesting words like pounding and thunder. How did you feel when you crossed the line? and how did your friends feel? anyways I liked your blog and I hope I can comment more on your blog. If you would like to see my blog here is a link https://wpsnicholasc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting a nice comment on my blog n Nicholas and when I crossed the finished line I was shocked that I got fourth place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.